Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The graduation dress hunt is on

I graduate in less than two months... kind of scary. Instead of focusing on my post-grad life, I decided to distract myself by looking for a graduation dress. I worked four long years for this day so the dress has to be perfect (and I am pretty picky when it comes to things like this).

My hunt for the perfect dress began during my trip to New York City last week. I probably tried on at least ten dresses at various department stores and boutiques to no avail. I also stumbled upon the opening day of the Rent the Runway sample sale. This was truly good luck. There were problem thousands of high-end designer dress including Missoni, Robert Rodriguez, Cavali, BCBG, and many, many more! It was kind of overwhemling, but since I am picky I could narrow my selection down quite a bit. I ended up trying on four dresses in a chaotic one-room dressing room. One I wanted to love considering it was a $600 dress for $100, but just couldn't. I did find one I really like though, but on my way to the cashier, I notices a noticeable stain on the front. After a few phone calls with mom, I decided to not buy the dress.
The almost bought dress, which fit and looked perfect, but you can see the stain on the right-hand side of the top middle-ish of the dress.

So my search continues. I am hoping stores are in an awkward transition from winter to spring and more options will be arriving soon. Maybe I will just focus on shoes? I mean that's the only thing you can see with the gown on anyways....

No comments:

Post a Comment